Praying over our community is like pouring water on a mustard seed that has been planted. Whether you are walking in a group or by yourself, or if you are using your car to drive to different locations, here are some suggestions to help you. Remember, there are many good locations such as neighborhoods, schools, businesses, parks, churches, government buildings and the parking lots of the hospital and nursing homes.
Practical Tips for Prayer Walkers/Drivers
* Pray Bible verses as a base for many of your prayers.
* Pray aloud as much as possible.
* Pray for what you see and what you don't see - for the people who work or
live behind the doors of those buildings.
* If others are with you - take turns praying short prayers about a certain
subject or area of focus.
Biblical Prayer Prompts for Prayer Walkers/Drivers
Praying for Christians
* Pray for believers to be renewed in the joy of God's salvation (Psalm 51:10-13)
* Pray for believers to live a Christ-like character before the world (John 17:11)
* Pray that Christians will experience the joy of Jesus in their lives (John 17:13)
* Pray for divine protection from Satan (John 17:15)
* Pray that believers will live set apart and holy lives in Christ (John 17:17)
* Pray for Christians to be united in mission and purpose (John 17:20-21)
* Pray that believers will join Christ in His redemptive work (John 17:24)
Praying for the Lost
* Hearts: Pray for receptive hearts (Luke 8:5-15)
* Eyes and Ears: Pray for their spiritual eyes and ears to be opened
(Matt 13:15; 2 Cor 4:3-4)
* Attitude: Pray for unbelievers to have and understand God's attitude
toward sin (John 16:8)
* Released: Pray for the lost to be released from barriers and strongholds
that hinder faith (2 Tim 2:25-26)
* Transforming: Pray for unbelievers to experience a transforming life in
Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
* Sent: Pray for Christian witnesses to be sent to share Christ with the lost
Blessings to Pray over the People in the Area
B - Body: Physical Needs
L - Labor: All the labor of their hands. meaningful work. Economic Provision.
E - Emotions: Emotional needs
S - Social: For relationships among one another and others
S - Spiritual: Spiritual needs
Other Areas to Be Praying For
* Faith to endure to the end
* Laborers for the harvest fields
* Deliverance from evil
* Jeremiah 29:7 ... for peace upon our nation
* For rulers and authorities
* Psalm 128:1-4 ... that we would flourish as we walk with the Lord